Board of Education
Heuvelton Central School Board of Education
The HCS Board of Education is made up of seven unsalaried district residents elected to serve with rotating five-year terms. The board's powers and duties are derived from the New York State Constitution, the laws of New York State and the rulings of the New York State Commissioner of Education.
- Establishes policies for the operation of the district;
- Determines educational goals and standards;
- Authorizes curriculum revision or development;
- Evaluates program effectiveness;
- Employs professional educators, upon the Superintendent’s recommendation;
Develops budget recognizing educational needs and community resources; and
Communicates educational programs and needs to the community.
Meet the Board
- During public forum, the Board President will review protocols and invite members to speak.
- Please state your name. The District Clerk documents comments while keeping minutes. In some instances, the Board may contact you about an issue.
- Some people are not comfortable speaking in public. You are welcome to bring notes, or even submit written statements, if that is your preference. Please speak in a respectful manner and keep your comments to no more than three minutes.
- Comments should address matters related to the District and related to the agenda. Comments should not involve specific individuals.
- Public forum is not a question and answer period. It is a time for public input to be considered as it relates to items on the agenda, or for future consideration.
- If you have a specific question or complaint, please contact the appropriate staff member(s) first to give them an opportunity to respond prior to involving the Board of Education, in accordance with Board Policy #3230 - Public Complaints.
- Under “Contact Us” on the HCS website you can find staff contact information to help resolve issues. If questions or complaints remain unresolved, we invite individuals to submit questions in writing for Board consideration.
- August 23, 2023
- September 27, 2023
- October 17, 2023
- November 15, 2023
- December 20, 2023